Sun Siyam Cares
Your safety and security has always been our highest priority. To ensure a worry-free stay at Sun Siyam Resorts, we’ve introduced our Sun Siyam Cares programme. Created using the latest World Health Organisation and national government guidelines, it is designed to offer a holiday experience with your wellbeing in mind, in an environment that’s safe for both our guests and team members.
Arrival & Departure
- All visitors travelling to and from the Maldives are required to submit a self-declarative health declaration online via https://imuga.immigration.gov.mv
- It is recommended to download the contact tracing app “TraceEkee”.
- Request for a PCR screening shall be done 72 hours prior to departure. PCR Test requires advance booking and laboratory will confirm based on availability.
- The airline requires a PCR Certificate with a validity of 96 hours. Thus the sample shall be collected on the 4th day prior to departure day. Should a guest choose to book PCR Test in advance, a clear passport copy and flight details should be sent to the resort. Please be advised if we did not receive a request prior to your arrival, PCR Test will be subject to availability.
- Total cost for a PCR Test is USD175 per person, per test.
- Resort has a well-equipped clinic with a doctor and nurse. Samples are collected by our resort doctor and transferred to authorized testing facility. The resort does not apply any charge towards transport of the specimen to be tested.
- Test results will be made available within 24 hours to 72 hours depending on the volume and will be delivered to the guests.
- In the unlikely event that the guests might be required to go in person to an authorized testing facility, and in such case, return transfer cost will be charged to guests.
- The resort reserves the right to impose additional fees should the authorities change the procedure.
- To facilitate a contactless check in, guests are asked to register online prior to travelling to our resorts.
- Guests will receive a temperature check upon arrival and periodically throughout their stay.
- During arrival and departure, our teams will observe social distancing etiquette at all times.
- Reception areas have been fitted with floor markers to encourage safe distancing.
- Our teams have been fully trained to identify any guests with respiratory symptoms.
- A full range of masks, gloves and hand sanitisers are available upon request.
Restaurants & Bars
- All tables have been placed at least 1.5 metres apart.
- Menus are available by scanning a QR code, with iPad and printed versions available upon request.
- Buffet restaurants must be booked in advance. Team members will assist you with food service.
- Sunbeds and beach loungers are well spaced to observe social distancing protocols.
- All rooms are cleaned and then sealed, with a 24 hour vacancy period between each arrival to ensure the highest standards of hygiene are maintained.
- Air conditioning systems will be cleaned and sanitised after each guest departure.
- Hand sanitiser is provided for your convenience and comfort.
- All surfaces, including high-touch points, will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- We’ve removed some in-room amenities such as pens, notepads and guest directories, which are now available upon request.
- For your safety and reassurance, daily housekeeping services are now only available upon request.
- All public areas are frequently cleaned and sanitised throughout the day by our dedicated sanitation team.
- We use Ecolab cleaning products which comply with stringent WHO and government guidelines, but are also environmentally friendly.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers have been placed at the entrance to all public outlets.
- All team members have been trained to adhere to WHO and national government guidelines to ensure everyone’s safety and wellbeing.
- A Sun Siyam Cares Manager has been appointed at all resorts to implement and monitor our guidelines.
- All team members undergo regular ongoing safety training.
- Our frontline team members wear personal protective equipment whilst on duty.
- Our watersports, diving and fitness facilities are available in compliance with social distancing protocols.
- Group activity numbers will be limited to enable social distancing.
- Certain activities are only available for private parties. Details are available upon request.
- All resorts are staffed by a HPA certified medical officer.
- All Maldivian resorts benefit from the care of a resident doctor, with no extra charges for guest consultations.
- Treatments must be pre-booked via our messaging service or by contacting the spa from your in-room phone.
- Guests are politely required to shower prior to any treatments.
- Due to restricted numbers, the pre-booking of our Kids Club is highly recommended.
- All children are politely required to shower prior to arrival.
- Children under four are not permitted to use the facilities.
- In line with government guidelines, babysitting services are temporarily suspended.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Sun Siyam Cares