Get away from everyday surroundings and escape to paradise at Sun Aqua Vilu Reef. You can get to us in a 45-minute seaplane journey from the capital, Malé where Velana International Airport is located. Guests are met by a uniformed team member on arrival and then taken on a 10-minute drive by shuttle to the seaplane terminal. Use the designated Sun Aqua Vilu Reef lounge while waiting for the seaplane boarding call.
Representatives of Sun Aqua Vilu Reef are also available at the airport arrival counter number 21 round-the-clock.
While waiting for your flight you can enjoy a refreshing welcome drink, a quick snack or a jetlag massage in our private lounge and simply relax.
ESTIMATED TRAVEL TIME 45 minutes ESTIMATED DISTANCE
COST (ROUND TRIP)
Now: USD 445 per adult | USD 285 per child
November 2018 onward: USD 515 per adult | USD 315 per child
1. The resort must receive full flight details at least 7 days prior to the arrival in order to guarantee the seaplane seats. Failure to do so may result in additional waiting time in the resort Lounge or overnight in Malé at the clients additional cost.
2. All guests have access to the Lounge located at the Seaplane Terminal on arrival. Every effort will be made to transfer the guest to the resort within 2 hrs of arriving at the Lounge.
3. At the time of writing this contract, airport transfer via seaplane is available during daylight hours only. Any change to this will be communicated along with any change to conditions
4. Seaplane checked luggage cannot be more than 20kg. Seaplane carry-on luggage cannot be more than 5kg. Fees apply at the seaplane terminal for additional luggage weight. Any excess baggage is chargeable and will have to be paid directly to the seaplane airline at USD 5 per 1 kg and to the domestic transfer airline at USD 0.75 per 1 kg.
FLIGHT COSTS FOR CHILDREN
Both seaplane and domestic flights are complimentary for infants (0-1.99 years)
LAST MINUTE BOOKINGS
For last minute bookings and arrival received within 48 hours, please note that there may be a delay and long waiting hours in confirming the flight timings due to the arrangement that has to be made with a third party provider.
YOUR SEAPLANE TRANSFER
Transfers are by seaplane and conducted only during daylight hours (approximately 06:00 to 16:00). Guests arriving into Malé International airport after 15:00 (latest reporting time for seaplane check-in is 15:30) or departing with flights before 09:00 will need to stay overnight in Malé city or airport hotel. Transfers will be provided the next morning with the first available flight. Due to extreme weather conditions, transfers may not always be available at a designated time and the resort is not liable for any compensation arising from such delays.
For more details on the transfer please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ibrahim Nasir International Airport in Malé (MLE) is served by many international airlines, including Sri Lankan Airlines, Emirates Air, Tiger Airways and Turkish Airlines.
All visitors to the Maldives must possess a valid passport of at least 6 months validity and return air ticket.
Designed to be one of the best airport lounges in the Maldives, the spacious private lounge can be used by guests arriving to Sun Aqua Vilu Reef Maldives. The lounge is open seven days a week from 07:00 until 17:00 on a complimentary basis and from 17:00 until 23:00 for a fee.
Guests using the lounge can enjoy the following facilities:
- Complimentary shoulder massages for all guests until 17:00
- Spa offering a range of massages and reviving body scrubs (charged)
- Children's play room
- Outdoor balcony
- Complimentary light breakfast and snack buffet until 17:00
- Extensive dinner service after 17:00
- Dinner service
- Full range of soft drinks and juices until 17:00
- Free WiFi and computer stations
- Showers and changing facilities with branded toiletries
Evening operation and charges:
Guests who have flights departing late in the evening can book access to the lounge from 17:00 onwards, thereby avoiding the necessity of reserving day-use rooms in nearby hotels. Rates for using the lounge in the evenings are US$80 per person for adults and US$40 per child under the age of 12 subject to 10% service charge and 12% T-GST. This rate includes the use of all lounge facilities, buffet dinner and soft drinks.